Monday, March 25, 2013

Hope – The Word of God




As I continue this series, it is essential to understand that our strongest hope comes through the Living Word of God as written in the Holy Bible. “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our life. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do” 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Hope is defined as: Confident trust with the expectation of fulfillment. As I read the Holy Bible I am confident of several things; First I have personal experience to those things both good and bad described in the Bible. In the Bible I saw what was wrong in my life, but it gave me Hope that my life did not have to continue down a path of destruction. Second, as I read the Lord speaks to my heart and reminds me of the many times He was there in my life. How He provided and protected me. It gives me Hope through life's trials. Third, the Bible confirms those things the Lord speaks to my heart as His will for me. The Lord will never violate what He has said in His Word, both the blessings and consequences are true.

Reading the Holy Living Word of God inspires our Hope, encourages us to live in such a fashion that we will experience the goodness, grace and loving kindness which is the hallmark of our God. The Lord knows us and the plans He has for us are good. Jeremiah 29:11-13 speaks about this, but there is a condition, we have to seek Him with all our hearts.

Only those who have crossed from death to life in Christ can understand what the Holy Bible is all about. Those without the Holy Spirit of God can not understand the meaning of scripture. It is hidden in a riddle, because God confounds the wise, but speaks clearly to the humble. Proverbs 3:34

Our hope is found through the word of God, so be sure to “Carry out my instructions; don't forsake them. Guard them, for they will lead you to a fulfilled life” Proverbs 4:13


No comments: