Monday, January 28, 2013

Living with Purpose – Our Mission




Understanding the call on our life is a great blessing. We should know the Lord did not just save us for life in heaven, but has a special plan for our lives here on earth. With this understanding, life takes on a whole new meaning. I believe we a know what we are to do but, fear and insecurity cloud our minds, we ignore our mission.

I know my mission is share what I have learned about the life of faith. For many years I side stepped this call, until I understood our gifts are to used for the Lord's glorious purposes, not to hide or ignore them. We have been honored by God and play an intricate part of His plan.

I now understand that not accepting my mission by faith is sin, plain and simple. Whatever we do, it must be in faith and love for one another (John 10:10). Insecurity, fear and ignoring the call on our life will not lead to the fullness of life that Jesus died to give us. We block our own blessing!

Many believe that receiving salvation is the end of the road and all we have to do is wait for heaven. The truth is our reward begins in acknowledging and pursuing our individual mission.

How will I know my Mission? These are some clues to what the Lord has chosen you to do:

1) Out of your comfort zone: The Lord’s call is never easy, and it will challenge every part of your reason and resolve.
2) Element of danger: You will have to put yourself out there on the front-line against the devil’s stronghold.
3) Element of risk: It will cost something.

The Holy Spirit's nudge keeps us moving in the right direction and we are fully equipped to complete the mission.

What is that one thing the Spirit keeps bringing to your mind? What makes your ears perk up? Listen carefully, then step out in faith leaving the consequences to the Lord's glorious purpose.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven” Amen!!!

1 comment:

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Wonderful post, Terrie. It is true, is should be, Thy will, not mine.

I love the new look of your blog, at least new since I've been able to visit. I really like your background picture. Really captures the theme of your blog.