Thursday, June 23, 2011

End Times – Rapture – Part 1


Once again this is such a wondrous promise, I've gotten carried away. I will break this into a two-part article. I wanted to present this controversial topic in very clear and explicit terms. It's important that people get a proper prospective-

There is so much written about this event, many pros and many cons. This subject is close to my heart, there are not many days that pass when it hasn't crossed my mind. This is the “blessed hope” that Paul wrote about in many of his letters to the churches. The frequency that he wrote meant it was something on his mind and he didn’t want others to lose sight that it could happen any moment.

Before I begin to present my understanding of what scripture says about this event, let me make one point very clear-the rapture of the church is NOT the end of the world-it is NOT the judgment seat of Christ and it is NOT the end of all things. IT IS part of the redemption plan. Salvation Does Not end with the rapture.

With many prophecies in the word of God, mostly directed towards the nation of Israel, this event has no criteria-nothing to signal the time. Jesus spoke many times about this event, although he never said “rapture” but much of what he said alluded to this. The story of the field workers, one left, one taken (Matthew 24:40-42), another story two sleeping, one will be taken, one be left. (Luke 17:34-35).

 There are those who believe the rapture is a myth. I have found some who teach that the rapture is a lie from Satan. They believe that speaking of the rapture is imparting an escapism mentality. They've stated that any Christian who believes in the rapture is deceived. My response, to that obvious ignorance is they do not know the scriptures and do not know the Lord. 

The scripture says “The Son of Man will come when least expected” also “like a thief in the night” Now cross reference this with the “For as lightning lights up the entire sky, so it will be when the Son of  man comes" (Matthew 24:27) a world wide event, you can see these are entirely two different events.

The famous passages used in describing the rapture are found in:  1 Thessalonian 4:15-17, 2 Thessalonian 2:1, 1 Corinthians 16:51-52, Philippians 3:21 and others, but one of the lesser quoted passages is Jesus’ own words. “There are many rooms in my Father's house, and I am going to prepare a place for you. If this were not so, I would tell you plainly. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so you will always be with me where I am.” (John 14:2-3).

This is figurative of a groom preparing a home for his bride. During the engagement he builds the home, when its finished he fetches her. In a way he, ‘snatches’ her from her parents. The wedding feast is the celebration when everyone has arrived.

For anyone to believe that that the Lord will allow his bride to endure the Great Tribulation; known as the Wrath of God, Judgment Day- upon the earth, does not understand what Jesus purchased for us on the cross. They do not have any clue about salvation. Somehow they think salvation is “fire insurance” not “life insurance”.


To be continued…….


“But to all who believed in his name and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12)


Copyright©2011 – tathorpe - All Rights Reserved-


*further studies see Jewish Betrothal here
http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/jewish_marriage_customs.htm



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well sister, again you have hit the target,, so many people don't have a clue or are confused thank you for clearing things up ,,, especially for for the the lazy who don't want to read, the scriptures and study them daily . yes! I am guilty too. but i did know this is true what you have written . oxox

Unknown said...

Thank you for your gracious comment. There are a lot of scriptures that are very hard to understand, and some people twist them to mean something entirely different than what the Lord meant. The only true way to read and interpret scriptures is through God's heart. He loves us unconditionally- we are not under the curse that was pronounced under the Law-Jesus satisfied the the judgment for our failure so the Father could shower his love upon us.We are under grace! Once people understand this-God is not mad-then the scriptures are truly Good News revealing his love and kindness towards us. Amazing is his love and Amazing is his grace!

May His countless blessings flow in your life!

Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

Seems this topic is always in hot debate and opinions vary greatly. And you are right the best source is Scripture. I've heard various interpretations. One, taught by the Catholic Church: there will indeed be a rapture, but the Faithful will die, then rise to meet Jesus. No one escapes this earth alive, not Jesus, not Mary. I do not have an "interpretation". I know God will reveal what I need to know when it is important I understand it. Somethings, such as this, are beyond my ability to decipher. Your post is very interesting, as always and I look forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

Yes this is a hot topic-I've received a comment that tried to indoctrinate me with the fallacy of this teaching-I don't agree with their arguments, I believe the Word of God above any man. Its my desire to give those who don't understand this or have been taught something else, enough information that they would search the scriptures for themselves and make a decision based on what scriptures say verse doctrines of man. Blessing to you and thank you for your support.